Social Partners

  • MAAN Workers Association – MAAN is an independent Representative Workers Organization, uniting workers regardless of nationality, religion, gender or the color of their skin. Only a third of the three million workers in Israel are unionized. Of the rest, thousands find support, advice, legal protection and aid in organizing at MAAN. The annual Bread and Roses exhibition, sponsored by MAAN and Sindyanna of Galilee, complements our day-to-day efforts toward peace, equality and social justice. 75% of the earnings from each sale at Bread and Roses is invested to advance the social and cultural activities of the project “Women and Work”, with the remaining 25% paid to the contributing artists. Another wonderful MAAN project is the lovely community garden they created in Haifa.
  • The Hydroponics Project – In a joint project between MAAN and Sindyanna of Galilee,  a group of women from the village of Baqa al-Gharbiyye were trained to grow plants using hydroponics. Growing organic vegetables at home contributes to household livelihoods, a clean and healthy environment and can also provide additional income. It is suitable for both housewives and for women who work outside the home. In addition, we recently launched a hydroponics project with the Masar Institute for Education in Nazareth (read more).
  • Fair Trade Fair Peace – A project we joined in 2012 in collaboration with the Bethlehem Fair Trade Artisans Association and the Italian NGO COSPE, sponsored by the EU Program ”Partnership for Peace”.
  • Bethlehem Fair Trade Artisans Association (BFTA) – A non-profit NGO which works to spread the fair trade message in Palestine and links Palestinian producers to global fair trade markets. BFTA‘s mission to empower the most vulnerable artisans in Palestine and support them to become active agents in their own livelihoods and develop their social rights and their communities.
  • Children of Peace (UK) – A non-partisan children’s charity dedicated to building trust, friendship and reconciliation between Israeli and Palestinian children and their communities. Our aim is to develop a shared spirit via arts, education, health and sports programmes so future generations might live and work peacefully side-by-side.
  • The Scottish Church & The Scots hotel – The luxurious Scots hotel was established by the Church Of Scotland in 2004 in the historical compound of the Scottish Hospital in Tiberias, and uniquely combines the 19th century basalt buildings with a modern and up-to-date hotel of international standards. Head over to YouTube to see how Anat Ottolenghi, the hotel’s chef, uses Sindyanna’s olive oil and za’atar in preparing the perfect dish for these hot summer days – goat cheese wrapped in bread crumbs and za’atar, deep fried in olive oild, and served on a bed of goat milk yogurt and mint.