Cauliflower with Tahini From Hannan’s kitchen
- 1 medium cauliflower
- ½ cup olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 cup tahini paste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup parsley, finely chopped
- Wash the cauliflower and separate into individual florets. Dry the florets with a towel.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot and fry the cauliflower florets until golden. Shake the pot every few minutes to stop the cauliflower from sticking.
- Use a little of the olive oil in the pot to grease an oven dish.
- Transfer the cauliflower to the oven dish.
- Add the garlic cloves and spices.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180-190c for about 20 minutes.
- Prepare the tahini – Mix the tahini paste with 2 cups of cold water, the lemon juice and a pinch of salt. The mixture should be the consistency of single cream.
- Take the cauliflower out of the oven and pour the tahini on top. Shake the oven dish to spread the tahini all over.
- Return the dish to the oven for 2 minutes.
- Take the dish out of the oven, spread the parsley over the top.
This dish can be served with Tahini powder (like in the photo below) and more often with a bowl of olives and spring onion.